|Home||Audio Books & Poetry | Community Audio | Computers & Technology | Grateful Dead | Live Music Archive | Music, Arts & Culture | Netlabels | News & Public Affairs | Non-English Audio | Podcasts | Radio Programs | Spirituality & Religion|
|Anonymous User (login or join us)|
This show has been commercially released as " Ladies and Gentleman, The Grateful Dead"
Subject: I got this show before the jerks yanked it...ha ha ha
I got this show before the Nazis yanked it.
Subject: Probably The Best GRATEFUL DEAD Show In History
THE MUSIC HAS BEEN SET FREE. THE KEEPERS HAVE GIVEN US THE SHOW OF SHOWS. THE UNIVERSE HAS BECOME RICHER THAN IT WAS. THIS IS THE TRUTH ABOUT THE MUSIC THAT CHANGED THE DESTINY OF THE UNIVERSE FOREVER.
Audio Quality: "Excellent"
Mix: Stereo-Phonic Hi-Fi
Here's what you hear here:
The New Riders of the Purple Sage:
02. The Weight
03. Last lonely Eagle
04. Fun, Fun, Fun
05. Running Back to You
06. I Don't Know You
07. Dirty Business
08. Glendale Train
The GRATEFUL DEAD:
01. Big Bossman (one of the best versions)
02. Loser (one of the best versions)
03. Playing In The Band (superb)
04. Hard To Handle (the best version there is)
05. Dark Star> (religious experience)
06. Wharf Rat (a few audio anomalies)
07. Casey Jones (fresh, energetic & electric)
08. Sugar Magnolia* Duane Allman
09. It Hurts Me Too (classic Pigpen WOW!!!)
10. Beat It On Down The Line (jump'n)
11. China Cat Sunflower (holy moly)
12. I Know You Rider (more moly than holy)
13. Good Lovin'(best version there is)
14. Sing Me Back Home (Jerry's song...)
15. Not Fade Away>
16. Going Down The Road Feeling Bad>
17. Not Fade Away
I love all the breaks in between the songs; it gives us a chance to hear what it was like to be there.
Duane Allman, the lead guitar player for the Allman Brothers plays slide guitar on Sugar Magnolia, it's my favorite version.
4 Pigpen songs makes this show even more special. Pigpen's performances are exceptional.
I wish I was at this show. Well, now at least I can say I heard it.
You can clearly hear the New York City audience screaming for more at the end of the show as if their lives depended on it...scary eh?
When the GRATEFUL DEAD sang to us, "YOU KNOW OUR LOVE WILL NOT FADE AWAY" they meant it and this show proves it 37 years later.
THANKS FOR THE LOVE.
Eat, Drink, Be Merry and Listen to the GRATEFUL DEAD. I do.